Thinking about New Years Resolutions for 2016? This is a great time to make service a regular part of your life. We are currently looking for individuals to commit to volunteering at a HFLA Partner organization this year. There are many ways to get involved! We’ve listed a few below.
- Encourage men and women facing an unplanned pregnancy by helping with several volunteer opportunities at Claris Health throughout the year (locations in West LA and Inglewood).
- Cook, serve, and share a meal with homeless veterans at PATH in West LA (1st & 2nd Saturdays for dinner, 4th Sundays for breakfast or dinner).
- Sing, do crafts, and encourage seniors at a nursing home for the elderly experiencing dementia on Sunday afternoons.
- Serve ice cream and spend time with residents at a homeless shelter on the 2nd or last Friday of each month.
- Set up and help at monthly legal clinics with Christian Legal Aid of Los Angeles (various locations throughout LA).
- Prepare and serve breakfast at Union Rescue Mission on Friday Mornings.
- Cook and serve a meal for the residents at PATH (People Assisting the Homeless) in Silver Lake on the 2nd Saturday of each month.
- Build relationships with families at an emergency shelter by helping host several events throughout the year.
- Help cook and serve lunch at Downtown Women’s Center on the 3rd Sunday of each month.
- Cook dinner for youth at the Oasis of Hollywood on the 3rd Friday of each month.
- Mentor and build relationships with foster teens at Impacting Hearts (volunteers especially needed at the Torrance location on Wednesday nights).
- Encourage men and women facing an unplanned pregnancy by helping with several volunteer opportunities at Claris Health throughout the year (locations in Inglewood and West LA).
- Help at quarterly community outreach events or mentor a teen on a weekly basis at Faith in Christ Ministries.
- Clean, paint, and garden at quarterly work days to bring renewal to the city of Compton.
- Mentor foster youth on Saturday mornings with Peace4Kids.
- Help at a clothing giveaway on the 1st Saturday of each month.
- Serve dinner and build relationships with families at San Fernando Valley Rescue Mission on the 3rd Sunday of each month.
- Help with a youth service on Friday nights at Cloud & Fire Ministries by bringing a meal, leading worship, or providing childcare.
- Volunteer at special events throughout the year for families at Family Rescue Center.
- Mentor at a boys home on the 3rd or 4th Sunday of each month (male volunteers especially needed).
- Build relationships with homeless mothers at Elizabeth House on the 1st Tuesday of the month (evening).
For more info about these and other ongoing volunteer opportunities, email Hillary at Hillary@HopeForLA.org.
Happy New Year!