Thank you for being involved in 12 Days of Hope!
This campaign has connected hope and generosity – that a life filled with hope makes us more generous people. Living with hope is the certainty, not only that things can get better, but that they will get better. And we have that hope because of Christmas.
- Our only hope. Because of Christmas, we know the great lengths that God will go to show us his love, and the promise that God will restore this world and the people he loves.
- The ultimate act of generosity. Jesus generously gave up his riches and for our sake, became a man. He served people, he healed people, he spoke grace and truth to people and he poured out his life for people.
- Our motivation for generosity. Our God has been generous to us and therefore we have a great resource to be generous to others throughout the year.
“ And hope does not disappoint us, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts…” – Romans 5:5
“For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sake he became poor, so that you by his poverty might become rich.” – 2 Corinthians 8:9
“For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.” – Isaiah 9:6
Day 12 // Pick a day this week to fast from technology. Be fully present.
Day 11 // If you owe someone an apology, seek them out today and say “I’m sorry”–even if it’s for something small.
Day 10 // Help put an end to Human Trafficking. Click here to learn more about upcoming events and sign up today!
Day 9 // Practice patience and kindness on the road as you drive today.
Day 8 // Deliver some Christmas treats to your neighbors.
Day 7 // Initiate a conversation with a person experiencing homelessness. Ask how you can pray for them.
Day 6 // Make a list of practical ways that you can be more generous in 2015. Acts 20:35
Day 5 // Sign up today to volunteer at a Christmas event for families on Saturday. See 2 events listed below.
Saturday, December 20th
-Christmas Party at FICM (9AM – 12:30PM) – Click here for more info and to sign up.
-Toy Distribution Day at Family Rescue Center (8:30AM – 1:30PM) – Click here for more info and to sign up.
Day 4 // Give a generous tip to someone when they least expect it.
Day 3 // Buy a toy and drop it off at one of the three HFLA Partners listed below.
1) Family Rescue Center (FRC) – Click here for more info about donating toys.
2) Claris Health – “Adopt” a family by providing for their needs (about $125). Email Nikki for details.
3) OASIS of Hollywood – $30 Target Gift Card or $25 gift for a child from 9-12 years old. Email Jessica for details.
Day 2 // Get in touch with someone who has had a positive influence in your life (a teacher, coach, youth pastor, etc). Tell them thank you and that you appreciate them.
Day 1 // Sign up today to volunteer at a HFLA event this weekend–like the Samoshel Christmas Party tomorrow! See other opportunities below.
Friday, Dec. 12:
-Samoshel Christmas Party (7-9:30PM) – Click here for more info and to sign up!
-Wrap gifts for kids at Cloud & Fire Ministries (anytime between 11:30AM-2:30PM) – Email Lindsey for more info.
Saturday, Dec. 13:
-Craft and write cards for human trafficking workers at ReAwakenHope (10AM – 12PM)- Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
-Christmas Party for kids Cloud & Fire Ministries (1-4PM) – Click here for more info and to sing up!
What is 12 Days of Hope? Find out more here!