In the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus lays out what have been called “transforming initiatives” for the creation of a radical kind of community where honesty, reconciliation, humility, care for others, and love for God are the foundational elements. Our Savior lived this vision of community, and as we follow Him we seek to do the same.
There are so many elements that go into developing community and it takes a lot of time. However, the goal of Hope for LA is to help make Los Angeles a great city in every neighborhood.
Community Development includes:
- Legal aid to uphold the need for justice in our society
- Extending friendship and spiritual support to the elderly
- Providing medical services for expecting parents and the uninsured
- Fighting the evils of human trafficking in our city
- Providing housing and community clean-ups
Hope for LA works toward these goals by supporting many organizations that are making amazing headway in providing these services for people in our city.
Or see our Partners page to find out more about ministries that we partner with for Community Development (such as: Christian Legal Aid, Loving the Wise, and Westside Pregnacy Clinic).